Friday, January 27, 2017

My second lesson

There is a female faculty member in the apartment beneath me.  Her field is in women’s studies and her doctoral dissertation was on the female vegetable vendors in Mizoram and their connection to faith.  I’m not really about the importance of how that goes together, but maybe I will ask her sometime.  She speaks beautiful English and was the English teacher until they needed her to teach some other classes.  They are currently without an English teacher and they have asked me, but no one has made any schedule yet.
We began talking about the lost tribes and I told her some of what I thought, including that I believe that YH is using the lost tribes movement to gather 21st century believers to Himself and to Torah, rambling into the Scriptures, and the paradigm of the northern kingdom, end times, and the difference between rabbinical law and Torah, and such things.  She has a good grasp of all the concepts and seemed fairly receptive to the possibilities.  However, she said that her mentor has suggested that the Mizo have grabbed onto the idea of being the lost tribes because they had their identity torn from them in the time of the missionaries and their native culture, aside from their language, was destroyed.  They are simply looking for some roots to be attached to. 
Yeshua said that we are to abide in Him.  He is our root:
John 15:1 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.15:2 Every branch in me that does not bear fruit he taketh away:and every [branch] that bears fruit, he purges it, that it may bring forth more fruit.15:3 Now you are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can you, except you abide in me.15:5 I am the vine, ye [are] the branches: He that abides in me, and I in him, the same brings forth much fruit: for without me you can do nothing 15:6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast [them] into the fire, and they are burned.15:7 If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, you shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
If we produce the fruit of the lion of Judah's line, of course we will look like lost tribes.
Later we got to talking about Trump (everyone here is very interested in American politics even though this is an extremely isolated part of the world), and she expressed some concern about religious fundamentalism of every kind. She basically supports the Palestinian cause.  Well, this is a Presbyterian college after all, although most of the faculty strongly support Israel.  In fact, she confessed to being quite secular, that she believes that all religions are good and a path to God.
Unfortunately, she will be leaving here shortly.  She has received a huge promotion and is going to be the Dean of the correspondence courses division in the College in Calcutta. 

1 comment:

  1. a seed has been planted. Will pray for Yah to water. ss

    ReplyDelete